photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index

RU
photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION
photokonkurs.com - get your prize!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange system of Voting? IMHO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Strange system of Voting? IMHO Reply with quote

Hello I am new here and I am lost Smile
My question is: is it possible that I can vote several times for ONE, maybe the same photograph, as my name is not displayed when I open certain photo, which I have "eventually" already voted, but I dont remember as there are so much photographs??
And : How can I see the voting on my photographs???

Thank you Smile

Biliana
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange system of Voting? IMHO Reply with quote

Biliana wrote:
Hello I am new here and I am lost Smile
My question is: is it possible that I can vote several times for ONE, maybe the same photograph, as my name is not displayed when I open certain photo, which I have "eventually" already voted, but I dont remember as there are so much photographs??
And : How can I see the voting on my photographs???

Thank you Smile

Biliana

1. You can see the votes for your photographies on your author's page. You don't need vote for your photography to see how many votes it has. Just go to your page.
2. If you vote few times for the same photography (and do it many times) you could be blacklisted. We check ALL votes after a competition is ended.
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: To Gleb Reply with quote

Thank you dear Gleb Smile

In the same moment when I posted my question I figure it out that I can see the voting of my photographs on my page/portofolio Smile

For the second question, just now I realized that I cannot vote for the same photo, if I did, cause the option for voting is not appearing?
Hm, I think it is not fair to be on the blacklist as sometimes I am voting a lot of photographs the same day/hour, and then I continue my voting the very next day, and sometimes I just forget which photograph I already voted ... hm. so I Have to be more careful Smile

Thank you so much dear Gleb for answering my questions Smile
Biliana
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: To Gleb Reply with quote

Biliana wrote:
Thank you dear Gleb Smile

In the same moment when I posted my question I figure it out that I can see the voting of my photographs on my page/portofolio Smile

For the second question, just now I realized that I cannot vote for the same photo, if I did, cause the option for voting is not appearing?
Hm, I think it is not fair to be on the blacklist as sometimes I am voting a lot of photographs the same day/hour, and then I continue my voting the very next day, and sometimes I just forget which photograph I already voted ... hm. so I Have to be more careful Smile

Thank you so much dear Gleb for answering my questions Smile
Biliana

Dear Biliana,
Of course we don't blacklist everyone who voted twice. Usually we just remove votes, that's all. But if we see visitor who regulary votes for the photos of the same author many times, etc. we blacklist him. So don't worry Surprised) Btw these people don't ask questions - just voting and voting. Sometimes we find 200-300 votes for the same photo from one IP.
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: To Gleb Reply with quote

Thank you dear Gleb for your reply and tips Smile

But as I said, for some photos, that I presume having voting, the small button VOTE is not appearing, so I cannot vote twice I presume!

But anyway let have fun Smile

Biliana Cool
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a judge on this panel, I vote regardless of the votes made for the image.
but I do feel that one vote is all you need to give, why create the wrong impression, a good photo sells itself. Have fun dear Biliana

Last edited by hotshot on Tue May 30, 2006 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: TO HotShot :) Reply with quote

hotshot wrote:
As a judge on this panel, I vote regardless of the votes made for the image.
but I do feel that one vote is all you need to give, why create the wrong impression, a good photo sells itself. Have fun dear Biliana, but be sincere.

Thank you daer Judge, but I am sincere!
a I am sorry that you had a strange and prompt impression of me not being sincere just after reading my comment dear HotShot Smile I am quite surprise!

In contrary, I am SINCERE, I was sincere too much, cause I was lost, and I said "IF, PROBABLY...", being confused with this voting system, but after few days that I am on the site, I figure out a lot of things regarding the voting and I am not of those who are going to rate some images more than once or even vote for their own photograph!

I am someone who is working hard, so dear HotShot, your comment is not in place!

Let`s the BEST win Smile

Thank you,
Biliana
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Biliana

I apologise if I created the wrong impression or misunderstood you, my comment was one vote was all that is needed, and directed in general and my comment to you to be sincere is not in place, my apologies again, language sometimes is not as clearly understood as it was meant to be, and I have to read better before I write a quick reply Sad .Thank you for your understanding. Very Happy
I have edited my message. Very Happy
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear HotShot Smile

I am sorry too if I have reacted to spontaneously Sad but I was lost and needed help!

It is alright, but now I have another question, as NEW Member Smile
I was voting Portraits, as we have one day left, and after having rated some photographs, at least 10 of Portraits that I find beautiful, something went wrong and I cannot vote anymore! so my question is - is there a restriction/limitation in the voting system! Meaning do I have a norm for my voting on day basis?
Or my connection is bad?

Thank YOU Smile
Biliana

hotshot wrote:
Dear Biliana

I apologise if I created the wrong impression or misunderstood you, my comment was one vote was all that is needed, and directed in general and my comment to you to be sincere is not in place, my apologies again, language sometimes is not as clearly understood as it was meant to be, and I have to read better before I write a quick reply Sad .Thank you for your understanding. Very Happy
I have edited my message. Very Happy

hotshot
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know voting is unlimited, something may have gone wrong. I suggest you log out and log in again, then start voting again. Gleb may have more knowledge about this then me. anyway Biliana, thank you for being so active and wish you well. Hope your problem sort itself out soon. Best wishes and thanks for being a voting member, do you post comments as well? I find this helps photgraphers a great deal to know where they can improve their photography. Very Happy
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biliana wrote:
Dear HotShot Smile

I am sorry too if I have reacted to spontaneously Sad but I was lost and needed help!

It is alright, but now I have another question, as NEW Member Smile
I was voting Portraits, as we have one day left, and after having rated some photographs, at least 10 of Portraits that I find beautiful, something went wrong and I cannot vote anymore! so my question is - is there a restriction/limitation in the voting system! Meaning do I have a norm for my voting on day basis?
Or my connection is bad?

Thank YOU Smile
Biliana

Dear Biliana,

Voting is unlimited.

Gleb
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Dear Biliana,

Voting is unlimited.

Gleb[/quote]

So dear Gleb,
something is wrong with my connection? as after having reviewed the Portraits category, I went on Children and still I could not vote anymore! Meaning everytime I click for the vote/note, something happens, like everything is alright, but after that nothing, I cannot see the result of voting, as I can usually when everything is alright!
So I really dont know what is the cause for such bug? but this is the second time that it happened to me.
As I have only the possibility to vote for only 10 photos in overall!?

Thank you,
Biliana
Biliana
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: To HotShot :) Reply with quote

Thank you dear HotShot Smile

I am voting constantly cause I like a Good Photograph SmileSmile but for commenting, actually I dont have much time, but I will try!

You think that people need to be more educated about the photography, especially to help them to improve, but I dont see much comments here, so I thought it was only the rating that`s matter, cause it is a competition!

I will try Smile
Biliana
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Biliana
I believe people do not post comments because they have no time, they have perhaps not the feeling they like to post their comments for everybody to see? Some people may not have logged in, one way to overcome that is to bookmark this Forum, auto log-in here and then click on the link top left, you can then vote and leave comments....
Comments can be better then a vote in a way because it shows a reaction to the photo, especially when the comments are constructive. Even when things are not that good in a photo, a comment can show or explain how the photograph can be improved upon.
A vote is a rating, I have seen photos with as many 5 ratings as 10 ratings, so people liked it or disliked it very much. But nobody said what made it so good for a 10 vote or a 5 vote Exclamation
I am sure the photographer would have loved to know why the votes were so divided....
Let us hope more people will post comments - a few words of encouragement will help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: