photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index

RU
photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION
photokonkurs.com - get your prize!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catagraphia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catagraphia
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Catagraphia Reply with quote

Hi,

Just found a link to my website (www.catagraphia.com) on your page and wanted to say thank you, it was a very nice surprise Razz I like competitions and photography so, photokonkurs seems to be the right place for both Wink Congratulations for your idea and whole work!!!

Well, I would like to meet more people here and change ideas, thoughs and so on but, since I'm not a russian speaker, I have troubles in taking part in your discussions. It would be very nice to have a more detailed english section, I'm sure it will attract even more photographers.

Once again thank you and looking forward to talk to you...
Best wishes,
Catagraphia
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Catagraphia Reply with quote

Catagraphia wrote:
Hi,

Just found a link to my website (www.catagraphia.com) on your page and wanted to say thank you, it was a very nice surprise Razz I like competitions and photography so, photokonkurs seems to be the right place for both Wink Congratulations for your idea and whole work!!!

Well, I would like to meet more people here and change ideas, thoughs and so on but, since I'm not a russian speaker, I have troubles in taking part in your discussions. It would be very nice to have a more detailed english section, I'm sure it will attract even more photographers.

Once again thank you and looking forward to talk to you...
Best wishes,
Catagraphia

Hi Catagraphia,

I'm happy you liked the site. We just started so we have no a lot of English users on-line but we will improve the situation:o) We have submited our site to many tops and link lists and I hope we'll be on the first places there very soon. It will give us more visitors. Also we'll try to send some e-mails to our English friends.
Almost all discussions on the site are about the rules of the site, cheaters, etc. In two words:
1. At the end of every competition we check all votings manually to prevent cheating. So if you see somebody gave for high quality work a lowest vote (5) you can be sure the guy will be blocklisted and his voting will be not counted. Sometimes it takes some time but we do it regulary. If you see somebody cheat just let us know. The same picture with 1000's of "10" votings for bad works.
2. You can send so many pictures you want (we put on the competition 1 picture for EVERY theme from one author. So the biggest number of pictures you could send is 360 or even 372 Surprised). Of course it's for today but already for now we get 200 pictures a day.
3. The main idea of the site is to give to the photographers to earn some money. The main part of the money for an advertising will go to cash prizes so when we'll have more visitors we'll have more money for prizes. I hope we could pay 5-6 $1000 prizes a week but it is only dreams for today. Anyway the site growing very fast (25-40 new photographers added every day).
4. Please vote for so many works you can. We have a problem with votings. People send a lot of photos but are lazy to vote for the works for others Surprised)
5. If you have questions just ask here.
Best Regards
MikeK
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: Catagraphia Reply with quote

Catagraphia wrote:

A while ago, a response to one of the forum topics was in Russian. I Googled a free translation site that provides, among other languages, Russian to English and English to Russian translations. Here is the URL.

http://translation2.paralink.com/

Just for fun, here is what I wrote above translated to Russian by the site.

Я сейчас Googled свободный участок перевода, который обеспечивает, среди других языков, русский язык на английский и английский язык к российским переводам. Вот - URL.

It would be interesting to know how good that translation is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: