photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index

RU
photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION
photokonkurs.com - get your prize!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Genre" - Definition Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeK
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: "Genre" - Definition Please Reply with quote

I know what the word "genre" means, but haven't been able to figure out what is meant by the Genre category on this site. I see no thread or commonality between the Genre photos that I have viewed.

The dictionary definition is as follows:

genre |ˈ zh änrə| noun - a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

I would appreciate a definition of what kind of pictures fit properly in this category. I may have some of that kind but don't know it. Thanks in advance.
dgsangster
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question...something I have wondered about also.
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: "Genre" - Definition Please Reply with quote

MikeK wrote:
I know what the word "genre" means, but haven't been able to figure out what is meant by the Genre category on this site. I see no thread or commonality between the Genre photos that I have viewed.

The dictionary definition is as follows:

genre |ˈ zh änrə| noun - a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.

I would appreciate a definition of what kind of pictures fit properly in this category. I may have some of that kind but don't know it. Thanks in advance.

"Genre" in photo means people in different situations. It is my view and if you see the page of Genre http://www.photokonkurs.com/section.php?sid=3&PHPSESSID=970b0bf4ad1e298ad1a0210ab43f06be you understand photographers also think the same. I can call it "a moment of life"... My opinion.
Jwlphotography
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question then is where do my bondage nudes go? I believe that they would fit in genre section right now, but then again, I can just desaturate them and shove them into the black and white section.
kotishe
General Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jwlphotography wrote:
My question then is where do my bondage nudes go? I believe that they would fit in genre section right now, but then again, I can just desaturate them and shove them into the black and white section.

your pictures waiting when the contests in these categories will open.
broken-fiddle
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 20 pictures in my author page but 15 pictures are still in waiting stage with green borders, what happened with these pictures, infact I want to ask what wrong with these pictures? why still in waiting stage?
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broken-fiddle wrote:
I have 20 pictures in my author page but 15 pictures are still in waiting stage with green borders, what happened with these pictures, infact I want to ask what wrong with these pictures? why still in waiting stage?

Just read a rules of this site - if the contest you sent the pictures are running now, your pictures will be added (1 a day every day for 1 category). If the contests you sent pictures are not running for this moment - your pictures will wait for the contests willbe started.
broken-fiddle
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I got my way.
jasonbeck
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: http://hotcompetitions.com Reply with quote

<h2 style="position: absolute; left: -9999px;"><a href="http://www.otcompetition.com" title=Hot competition" alt="Win Cash" target="_blank">Hotcompetition.com</a></h2>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: