photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index

RU
photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION
photokonkurs.com - get your prize!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not convinced with how the winners are picked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stejc
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Not convinced with how the winners are picked. Reply with quote

I have currently two images in the body Art section (and desperately waiting for this one to be judged (it ended a month ago) but there are two images after mine which are of such a higher quality it saddens me to see that I have a better ratio on the voting.

I have had to add a comment to one of the images to say that this image should win the competition hands down, but it wont.

I think it is becuase they placed the image on there after mine so have had less time to be recognised by the voters.

Perhaps if voting for an image is not allowed until the Comp is closed would be a better way of dealing with it.
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Not convinced with how the winners are picked. Reply with quote

Stejc wrote:
I have currently two images in the body Art section (and desperately waiting for this one to be judged (it ended a month ago) but there are two images after mine which are of such a higher quality it saddens me to see that I have a better ratio on the voting.

I have had to add a comment to one of the images to say that this image should win the competition hands down, but it wont.

I think it is becuase they placed the image on there after mine so have had less time to be recognised by the voters.

Perhaps if voting for an image is not allowed until the Comp is closed would be a better way of dealing with it.

1. The winner will be choosed by our Jury. Visitors' voting doesn't influence on Jury's choice.
2. We give to every image the same time for voting. After a contest closed, we wait for a few days to give to people a time to vote.
Thank you for the question
Best Regards
Gleb (admin)
Stejc
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gleb

Thank you for the reply, but it does say that, that particular competition is by votes and not by jury.

Steve
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stejc wrote:
Gleb

Thank you for the reply, but it does say that, that particular competition is by votes and not by jury.

Steve

Steve, we check all votes after contests ended. We reject all cheaters and usualy have good right results. Sometimes autors of bad works try to cheat - they ask their friends to vote for their works, vote for images by themself, etc. We see all these actions from inside, so the chance a cheater will win is a very very small. We have build our system the way to cheat will be much more expensive than the sum of a prize Surprised)) So we didn't see any "quality" cheating last time and we exactly know what to do. Don't worry Surprised))
But if after we check the results we get "bad" image as a winner - nothing to do. We can't to choose the winner, visitors vote and choose the winner, not we doing it. From our side we only check the votes - honest or not, that's all.
Best Regards
Gleb
Stejc
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I wasnt really considering cheaters, i was more thinking the length of time one image is on show compared to another (ie mine were loaded a good couple of weeks before the image i think should win).

But i understand fully where you are coming from and I know you cant please all the people all the time.

Cheers

Steve
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stejc wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt really considering cheaters, i was more thinking the length of time one image is on show compared to another (ie mine were loaded a good couple of weeks before the image i think should win).

But i understand fully where you are coming from and I know you cant please all the people all the time.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,
1.All people can upload their works in the first day of competition. Right?
2. We count not the number of votes, but "middle vote number" - if we have 8+9+10 we get 9 as a result. It means the same conditions for the firk we published in the beginning of competition and the work we publish in the end of competition.
3. Usually people watch and vote for the pictures on the first page. They don't go to 2,3,4... And every image in our contest placen the same days on the first page. If you check it you see the old photos have almost the same number of votes as new. If some works have less votes it means people didn't want to vote.
Best Regards
Gleb
Tonester
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear... The only way I have been able to see the voting on the pics I have uploading is to put in a vote first :s

I'm not concerned if they win or not... just what other people think of them Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Photos in the competition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: