photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index

RU
photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION
photokonkurs.com - get your prize!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Comments & a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Erotic photo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: General Comments & a question Reply with quote

First, I'm impressed with most of the images posted here. There are some outstanding photographers sharing their work with us. I love the variety of the images and the different approaches to shooting the human figure. There are some very creative and talented people here.

Since I find myself critiquing some of these shots, I wonder if the authors of these images welcome my, un-asked for, critiques? The last thing I want to do is offer a comment that is not wanted. Are critiques welcome?

I also want to thank photokonkurs.com for all their work in setting up and maintaining this site. Your hard work is appreciated. Good job!

dan...
sinclair@nlis.net
http://www.nlbbs.com/~sinclair/
Oleg_Che
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

We are very grateful
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise, my comments or "evaluations" as I see them (not critiques), may not always be positive, but how do we progress without knowing honestly what other people see in our images? According to me they are helpful, but then again who am I?
Dan
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotshot wrote:
Likewise, my comments or "evaluations" as I see them (not critiques), may not always be positive, but how do we progress without knowing honestly what other people see in our images? According to me they are helpful, but then again who am I?

hotshot,

I like your choice of words! Evaluation is a much more positive word than critique.

dan...
a2ndfloor
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me, I would welcome comments both negative as well as positive relative to my entries, as well as others. I could learn much from observing a photo and then reading honest, and I stress the word " honest", comments.
Just my personal opinion, you see. Rolling Eyes
RLCunningham
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Critique / Evaluation Reply with quote

When critiquing or evaluating others work (as well as your own), always place a negative comment between two positive comments. This is typical communication in any human interaction.

ie: I really like the lighting effect you were going for in this image and it definitely accentuates the (insert comment here) of the subject. Though it seems somewhat out of balance and is completely burned out over here. The design is great and you obviously put lots of thought and planning into this one.

There is always something good … even in what you may consider the worse image ever. We all have our own perspective! Isn’t that what makes art … well … art?

hotshot wrote:
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel said, every image has good points, human nature however seems to be focussed on seeiing the negative first. Encouragement to go further and explore more is very valuable, especially when you know where you can improve on. Both positive and negative should be mentioned and encouragement to push the envelope a little more.
Picman
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: comments & feedback Reply with quote

First, well done Gleb & Oleg on a superb evolution of the site, it is by far the best portal on the net for emerging and existing image makers, its a pleasure to showcase and see other works of stunning creativity. Thanks for all your hard work and well done everyone for some stunning work, each and everyone who has contributed should be proud of their creativity.

Onto subject, as a contributor i welcome feedback both positive and negative as i feel everyone has an opinon on individual creativity, so by taking on board other points of view my creativity can only grow. Each evaluation or comment is valuable in the terms of expression, this can only be a good thing and we are lucky to have such a valued portal as this forum to express our views and thoughts.
Gleb
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: comments & feedback Reply with quote

Picman wrote:
First, well done Gleb & Oleg on a superb evolution of the site, it is by far the best portal on the net for emerging and existing image makers, its a pleasure to showcase and see other works of stunning creativity. Thanks for all your hard work and well done everyone for some stunning work, each and everyone who has contributed should be proud of their creativity.

Onto subject, as a contributor i welcome feedback both positive and negative as i feel everyone has an opinon on individual creativity, so by taking on board other points of view my creativity can only grow. Each evaluation or comment is valuable in the terms of expression, this can only be a good thing and we are lucky to have such a valued portal as this forum to express our views and thoughts.

Hello Paul Surprised) Thank you very much for your words. It's really good feeling to hear it from so great artist like you are. You always welcome Surprised)
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesumcdn, where are your photos ?
Cheers
robert
Kent
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely appreciate comments on my photos (so far only 2 but hopefully more soon). Critique or evaluation is the only way to improve. I appreciate the negative comments because it might mention something I didn't catch (or didn't consider) while I was taking the photo.
hotshot
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: ok, but where are your photos? Reply with quote

There are so many competitions, where do you submit your entries, otherwise it is impossible to comment, I do not check everyday all entries... Shocked
toddstar
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think critiques/evaluations are a great tool for learning, how else are you supposed to learn and develop if you are left thinking your work is great but people are really seeing lots more potential if you just changed a few things....

Todd
frenk
User

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always welcome the views of the viewer.
Frenk and Danielle
www.dnf-style.com
Tonester
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenk I love your work on the website...

I'm actually looking to build my own portfolio website at the moment. I can either build it myself completely from scratch from ASP or find out from you about yours as it looks great Smile
frenk
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonester wrote:
Frenk I love your work on the website...

I'm actually looking to build my own portfolio website at the moment. I can either build it myself completely from scratch from ASP or find out from you about yours as it looks great Smile

Danielle and I initially build it ourselves. But that one was just a very simple basis. We had help from a fellow photographer who offered to build the scripts around it into making it as it is now.
Your presentation is your introduction to your future costumers and therefor extremely important if you ever want to try to earn some of your investments back so do see it as another cam you need and do not take it too lighhtly.
Ask yourself what you want to tell and express and leave everything else out without withholding important info. Also keep the number of photo's low and present only your very best work.

Frenk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photokonkurs - PHOTO COMPETITION Forum Index -> Erotic photo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: